Now that I am solely responsible for my lawn, I have discovered that I do not enjoy any part of it. I don't like the weed-pulling and have decided that will be a good form of discipline when the kids get older. "You didn't clean your room...now you get to pull weeds!". I feel weeds and lawn maintenance is truly the work of the devil. It has taken everything I have to not completely rock my front yard or extend my flower bed to the sidewalk (which would give way to more weeds), just to avoid mowing. A few weeks ago, I got tired of my ugly flowerbed and dug up 4 bushes. There were two bushes that I didn't like, but couldn't dig them up, so I got the hedge trimmers and cut them to the ground (eventually, I will have to get them out of the ground, but at least at this point it was a victory for me!). Now there is a big hole in the middle of my flowerbed that I am trying to figure out how to get a bush of some sort in there by osmosis. Although with this weird weather and late cold bursts I'm glad I didn't spend the time a few weeks ago planting. SO - along with a bush or two, I will eventually plant some grassy plants to hide any weeds or grass that grow in the bed and some flowers for color. Let's hope I can do this prior to getting a nastygram from my HOA!
That being said...it leads me to my point. Since I don't like lawn, landscaping, pulling weeds or any of that, I don't like my backyard either. I am thinking about concreteing the entire thing and making it into one big patio. Or having someone put in a pool since I can't do my infinity pond overlooking the new Allen Event Center (no sarcasm there!). But my backyard is small, so I wasn't sure a pool would really be viable. Until I saw this one near Dairy Queen in McKinney...it was a nice little weird shaped rocked pool with a hot tub. See - they can fit that in any space!! Now there is HOPE! :)
That being said...it leads me to my point. Since I don't like lawn, landscaping, pulling weeds or any of that, I don't like my backyard either. I am thinking about concreteing the entire thing and making it into one big patio. Or having someone put in a pool since I can't do my infinity pond overlooking the new Allen Event Center (no sarcasm there!). But my backyard is small, so I wasn't sure a pool would really be viable. Until I saw this one near Dairy Queen in McKinney...it was a nice little weird shaped rocked pool with a hot tub. See - they can fit that in any space!! Now there is HOPE! :)