Run, Girl, Run!
I do not like to run. Actually, I despise it. It is not on my list of "fun things to do". HOWEVER, running is part of a triathlon. Therefore, I run. I have gotten much better and I won't deny that I am jealous of those who can run long distances. At first, my hope was eventually to be able to run a 5K. All of it. Not this run 3 minutes walk 1 minute thing that I typically do, but REALLY run. After 6 months of training for this triathlon, I have learned that it ain't gonna happen. Not because I couldn't. I could. But because I don't want to. I like to walk. Fast. My feet don't hurt, my knees rejoice. So I have decided that I don't like to run. And that's ok. I will continue to work on my running endurance, not for speed though. I will be thrilled if I finish the 5K part of the tri in 45 min or less (that is my personal best walk/run so far). Correction - I will be THRILLED if I finish the 5K part of the tri after swimming 1/2 a mile and biking 12 miles. So who cares if I walk instead of run? Definitely not me!
Alas, I say this in order to convince myself. But hey - you know that I will be out there running as much and as fast as I can, along with the rest of the racers! No matter what happens, I will have fun and I will be proud!
~C