Today, Jason and I rode 10 miles on the bike! This is a huge step in my triathlon training and just further encourages me that I CAN do this! Although we did complete the 10 mile ride without much difficulty, I did learn quite a bit during that 1 hour 10 minute ride.
1. Riding on the sidewalk can be dangerous in some cases if you are not paying attention.
2. Butt pants are a must! Even with a pretty good seat!
3. I have begun to see a need for those weird curly handlebars - even on a mountain bike.
4. Old neighborhood = old sidewalks.
5. Cars do not like bikers on their roads.
6. It is difficult to pull a water bottle out of its holder while riding without falling.
7. A bike helmet makes things sweatier than normal.
8. It is an incredible feeling to be outside and just ride!
9. The accomplish means so much more with my sweetie by my side every step of the way! Thank you, J!
I am SO thankful that I have the opportunity to do this! =) Next challenge: White Rock Trail (12 miles)!
~C